Sunday, January 18, 2009

This is our last day in India. I am having mixed feelings but mostly excited to be coming home. We just arrived in Agra and mike is printing our plane tickets so I decided to take the opportunity to blarg. We are going to hire a rickshaw driver for the day who will help us kill time before our train departs this evening at 8pm, the cost 350 rs ($7) for an entire day. We will see the Taj, the Fort, I think he said something about a waterfall. It seems much cleaner here and most people speak english so hopefully it will be an eventful day (knock on wood). we learned from the ricky run not take the chance of even thinking positive things because they will inevitably go wrong. The things i will miss most about india: 1. chai 2. dosa or dosai 3. the cost of everything, cheap! Things I will not miss: 1. the toilets, or lack thereof 2. Trash trash everywhere 3. being stared at like a monkey.

Oh I almost forgot to add about Varanasee, it was amazing! The Ganges really are a spectacular sight that I am blessed to have been able to see. We took a sunrise boat ride up and down the Ganges, so spectaular. We met this artist named Veejay who actually has some carvings and artwork in the museum of nature and science in Denver. He brought us into his home and gave us tea. He showed us his artwork and told us stories of the gods. It was an amazing experience. Brian, I found you a one of a kind Kali that was hand carved in this house. It took the artist about 3 weeks to make. I think you are going to love it. I really wish that we could have stayed there longer. I could have spent months there. The people were the kindest and you could tell living by the Mother Ganga has made their hearts pure. Gotta go! -britt

No comments:

Post a Comment