Friday, January 16, 2009

A few things I've learned over the last 42 hours, since I left my hotel for the airport.
1. 14 hour layovers suck. 14 hour layovers in Dehli, where you can't enter the airport until 4 hours prior to your flight time, and the visitors lounge costs money, and you have to haul around your luggage the whole time and everyone on the street, including the security workers will ask you for tips, really suck.
2. If you have two 9+ hour flights, just stay overnight between the two. You will be wrecked by the time you get to the US.
3. I'm actually really impressed now with the US airports and their efficiency. If you ever want to really be annoyed just go stand in the Heathrow security line. First time I've ever seen someone go through the metal detector without actually taking anything out of his pockets and not taking shoes and belt off.
4. Drooling all over the front of your shirt the one time you do fall asleep on the flight is kind of funny.
That's all for now. Seven hours from now I'll finally be done with flying for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment