Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So today's been my first real 'day' in an Indian town. While wandering around I came upon a tea wholesaler and convinced him to sell me ten kilos of his finest Dharjeeling tea. Anyone have any idea how much tea that is? It's enough that I had to buy an additional bag just to carry much of it, and will probably take my sleeping bag as carry on now. Then went searching for a spice shop with no real luck. I tried to update the map but Google Maps is apparently too intense for the slow speed internet in this country as it takes forever and requires a ton of reloads to get anything done. I'll get it done when we get to Vegas though.
My mom wanted to know why the hell we didn't take the coastal route. Basically it was because it was getting a bit boring and was way too easy. Talking to teams that did, they said the worst road the drove on was the bit between Purnia and Siliguri, which was the best road by far we'd seen since we'd turned inland. Anyhow, it's almost 5:30 pm here and I still have to find a working printer to print my boarding pass and then get myself to the bar for a beer or two before I go to the rooftop poolside cafe. Oh how I love this hotel and it's still costing me less money than a Super 8 in the US. If there is some cute girls I'll be even more excited. Though I'll probably not even talk to them. The cute housekeeping girl was quite taken aback earlier when she came to pick up my laundry and I opened my door in just my boxers. It was funny. - Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment